Ported from Dev11 TFS bug 446140.
After creating a new empty console application (C#), if the EF power tools are installed in the machine the "Entity Framework --> Reverse Engineer Code First" option is available. If we use it, it will add the appropriate classes to the project,
but since it doesn't have the reference to the EF assemblies, it won't build.
We should either have the tool also add the reference (or package reference), or disable the option in the context menu if the required assemblies are not referenced.
- Install the EF Power Tools
- Create a C# console application
- Create a DB with one table (e.g., sqlexpress, localdb, etc)
- Right-click on the project, select Entity Framework --> "Reverse Engineer Code First"
- Select the database created on step 2, click ok
- Build the project
Expected: project builds fine
Actual: many errors due to missing EF references