Signed nightly builds of the Entity Framework code base are made available on a
separate NuGet feed. Entity Framework shares the same nightly NuGet feed as
ASP.NET Web Stack.
We make no guarantees about the quality or availability of nightly builds.
You need to configure NuGet to use the feed that contains nightly builds.
- In Visual Studio select Tools –> Library Package Manager –> Package Manager Settings
- Select Package Sources from the left pane
- Enter Nightly Builds as the Name and https://www.myget.org/F/aspnetwebstacknightly/ as the Source
- Click Add and then OK
Using a Nightly Build
Once the nightly feed is configured you can add the latest EntityFramework package to your project.
- Right-click on your project in Solution Explorer and select Manage NuGet Packages…
- Expand the Online tab in the left pane and select Nightly Builds
- Ensure Include Prerelease is selected in the dropdown at the top of the page
- Select EntityFramework from the list and click Install
Note: If you already have the EntityFramework package included in your project you will see an Update button instead of
- Be sure to read
Updating Applications to use EF6