Suggestions for the designer

Topics: EF Designer
Apr 19, 2013 at 4:18 AM
  1. Implementation of Data Annotations for designer like Code First. (Just don't want to create a partial class and then typing all the properties again)
  2. Support Enum Type sharing across edmx. (E.g: I have two edmx files, some of the tables may have the same Enum fields)
Please comments

Thanks
Apr 19, 2013 at 10:12 PM
I just came here looking for the same solution to point # 1.

There is no way this is productive for either an individual nor team. Why go though all the trouble of using the designer only to come right back and code two classes so you can annotate and one of the class is basically a recreation of the class created by the designer anyway. Plus this is not updated when you change the EDM. This is a nightmare for anyone that is heavily using the data annotations and a very compelling argument for using code first only, especially given that you can reverse generate the classes from an existing database as your starting point.
Nov 30, 2013 at 5:37 PM
I agree with both options -- Support for annotations in the designer would make life a lot easier as it is a lot of work to create Partial class (and keep them in sync) just to add annotations.
May 27 at 3:40 PM
Please implement this. The majority of the effort lately has been concentrated on Code First to the detriment of Model First. There are Pros and Cons to both approaches. Please keep them in sync.

Or even better yet, make them completely interchangeable by combining both techniques where either the model can be used to update the class, or the class can be used to update the model. Don't make us choose which options to not get.
Jun 6 at 12:04 PM
Edited Jun 6 at 12:50 PM
I have been looking for the same (#1) for a while now...